Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Short Women = Short Birth Canals.....

Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom

The pre-conception meeting with the doctor was like  a freight train, I can't lie. Hehehe. I agree with hubs that our speed seemed to go from 0 to 100 during the course of the meeting. All and all everything is fine and we have our plan. Little did I know she would suggest taking pre-natal vitamins a year in advance! Ish is getting real.... hehehehe
On to a lighter note, she began to size me up a bit versus the hubs (I stand 4'11 strong and he is...... drum roll 6'2). Then mentioned C section maybe likely because looks like a baby might not "fit" esp if he or she gets the tall genes from daddy. Some women may get anxiety by hearing that but it didn't bother me much. Just glad to get my mind ready for that one day. Size up these celebrity women with their tall beaus. Its funny to see how "jolly green giant" our men look beside us. 


Christina Ricci & Owen Benjamin















Kris Humphries & Kim Kardashian

Sacha B Cohen & Isla Fisher

2 comments:

  1. I've been told before (not by a doctor, mind you) that I'm too small to give birth vaginally. Sort of a scary thought, but I'll let my doctor decide that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I really hate to hear any doctor making such a claim. They can't tell the size of your pelvis simply because you are short or anything like that. Plus, your body widens and expands during pregnancy and labor and who knows how big/short your baby would actually be? It is such unnecessary fearmongering. If this were the case did every small woman die in childbirth before the advent of the C-Section? Probably not because there are plenty of short women around today so the genes did not die out! I swear to God I would switch doctors if they told me something like that. Who knows what kind of stress/fears that doc will put on you when you actually get pregnant?

    Excuse my semi-crunchy childbirth views from coming out!

    ReplyDelete