Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Baby Sitter's Dream: Twin Angels


We had the pleasure again of babysitting our friend's beauty twin baby girl and boy. We have watched them grow since birth and are excited as we lead up to celebrating their 1 year birthday this month. I remember a somber feeling when their family was considering moving out of state. This is the closest I have ever been to babies. Its actually kind of cool to be able to have a part in raising kids and learning without actually  having to do it every day. I know that is bad but its a great opportunity for a wannabe mom.

Our Friday started with picking them up from daycare.

Realization #1 Twin baby girl would not reach for me when I tried to get her from the daycare room attendant. Had to bribe her with her afternoon frosty bottle. Its kind of eye opening for me to see how attached they get to the daycare workers.

The evening progressed with playing with whatever we could find in their bag, then rice and veggies dinner, bottles, and they went to bed after only 15 minutes of the precious crying/baby baby babbling. I thought it was so cute how my husband was so concerned cutting down the TV downstairs to listen closely for them not believing me they would drift off to sleep. Only a few hours in and we are tired but all smiles because we are at our 2 week anniversary.
We slept light not knowing what to expect the next morning.So we woke up tired, early, and went in the room where they were in the pack-n-play sleeping. We were ecstatic to see happy babies that were actually already up and just laying waiting for us.

Realization #2 Secretly wishing I have low key babies like the twins that sleep 8PM to 8AM then wait for you to wake up. .

We are a rice and fruit breakfast, then they did what seemed to be their morning ritual of crawling, rolling around, and attacking anything that was laying next to them. This was what I believe to be my husband's first stab at baby sitting so I was the observant wifey seeing how my hubby can handle children and he has a natural pink and blue hand.  We will have to see if his dad's genes get skipped to the generation we will create one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment